Resistance Part 2
Resistance Part 2 by Jan Engels-Smith
Move past resistance.
There are practices that can enhance your ability to move past resistances and find the power to minimize their influence. I would suggest the following, with the understanding that different individuals have different resistances and need different solutions:
- Develop a positive affirmation that addresses your resistance and use it when you feel the need. “My resistance to spiritual release can be overcome by letting go. I am the power that I seek.”
- Embrace your resistance as a product of your own creation and know that that which you create can be vanquished by you. You are all-powerful.
- Visualize the resistance growing ever smaller and weaker in its power over you. For example, you might counter a lack of energy by breathing deeply and visualizing the oxygen flowing into your bloodstream and bolstering your stamina and physical strength.
- Expel the negative energy of your resistances through each of your chakras and draw in the spiritual alliances that you know exist for you in the universe.
- See your physical body as blended into the cosmos and as one with the universe and your resistances as minor blips in the spirit world and of minimal significance in your world.
- Address your resistances aloud as though they are a presence with which you can see and communicate. By personifying them, you remove them from that nether world of the subconscious and force them front and center where you can overwhelm them with your newfound self-assurance and personal power.
- Celebrate yourself and speak well of who you are and what you are becoming.
- Thank the spirits and express gratitude for their alliance with your better self.
There are many practices that will affirm your power over your resistances and all will strengthen your resolve and move you farther along in your spiritual quest. Thomas Jefferson once wrote, “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” As the spirits have said to encourage us on our path, BE SEEN IN 2013.
If your resistances stand in the way of your personal fulfillment, choose the practices that make your will to succeed more true than the false barriers that you create.
You may come to see your resistances as a test of your willingness to become the person you were always destined to be and, if so, let this sense of challenge serve to prove your worthiness. Your emotional state will move from one of doubt and hopelessness to one of confidence and spiritual strength when you see your success in mastering these challenges. Learn from these experiences, see yourself as the master of your fate, and move forward.